Parks and Recreation
COLUMBIA BOROUGH 2017 SPRING PARK CLEAN UP – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers needed to help the Columbia Park Rangers clean up the Borough Parks.
Clean up schedule is as follows:
– Glatfelter Memorial Field – Saturday, March 18th at 8am (rain date Saturday, March 25th at 8am)
– Locust Street Park – Saturday, April 1st at 8am
– River Park – Saturday, April 22nd at 8am
– Makle Park – Saturday, April 29th at 8am
– Janson Field – Thursday, May 4th at 5:30pm
– Locust Street Park – Saturday, June 10th at 8am
– Locust Street Park – Saturday, December 9th at 8am
Note: All children must be supervised by parents, coaches, troop leaders, etc. Tools will be provided, but if you wish to bring your own rake, shovel, gloves, etc. please mark with your name. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO EARN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS FOR SCHOOL.
PARKS AND RECREATION BOARD
The Parks and Recreation Board is responsible for planning new parks, renovating existing parks, and planning activities for the children in the Borough. The Board meets the 1st Tuesday of every month in Borough Council Chambers.
Members of the Parks and Rec Boards are:
George Smailing – Chair
Sarah Smith – Vice Chair
Bill Kloidt – Treasurer
Barry Ford – Secretary
Jim Smith – Member
To reserve a pavilion in Makle or River Park, please fill out our facilities use request – Facilities Use Master 2013
Makle Park renovations were completed in 2007 with a $ 109,000 PA State Grant received in 2004. New Playground equipment as well as basketball courts were added.
The Borough received grants from Lancaster County, DEP and DCNR and Fish and Boat for upgrading this widely used park. The Park is now open for enjoyment by all. Get the river park site plan.
Rotary Park – 151 COMMERCE ST. Installation of new playground equipment and basketball court. Funded in parts by Columbia Rotary, Highmark and DCNR.