As a mandated municipality with more than 10,000 residents, Columbia Borough is required by PA Act 101 to collect leaves and yard waste material. Yard waste collection significantly reduces the amount of material taken to the landfill each year and increases the storage capacity and lifecycle of our local landfill.
Yard Waste and Leaf Collection is announced every year and begins as soon as weather permits. Once started, yard waste will take place Mondays and continues through Fall. Exact dates are announced on the borough website calendar and Face book.
- Yard Waste ONLY!! NO plastics, metal, dirt, stones, concrete, trash/rubbish etc.
- Tree limbs must be cut, bundled, and tied
- Must be in Bio-degradable paper bags or tied into manageable sized bundles. Bags can be purchased at the Borough Office for $0.75 or 3/$2.00
- Yard waste facility will be open to residents only the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month for drop-off. The 4th Saturday from 4/22 thru 10/28/23. COMPOST will be available to residents the 2nd & 4th Saturday from 8:00am-12:00 pm. If you load it yourself-it’s free. If you want a scoop loaded, you must purchase a ticket at the Borough Office prior to the 2nd & 4th Saturday!
Once started, leaf collection follows the street seeping schedule.
Yard Waste will be collected on Mondays for ALL Residents (Tuesday if Monday is a Holiday)
- NOVEMBER 6, 2023 - Yard Waste Collection ENDS
- OCTOBER 16, 2023 - Leaf pickup BEGINS
- DECEMBER 8, 2023 - Leaf pickup ENDS
- DECEMBER 15, 2023- Street Sweeping ENDS
- JANUARY 13, 2024 - Christmas tree Drop Off 8am-12pm
Borough Holidays when office closed
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Day
Thanksgiving day and day after
Christmas day and day after