Lancaster County, PA
Responses Due by: December 1, 2023
- PURPOSE AND INTENT
Through this Request for Proposal (RFP) Columbia Borough (hereinafter "Borough") seeks proposals from qualified consultants to provide professional services to develop construction and bid documents for the proposed Phase 1 Improvements at Makle Park in Columbia Borough, Lancaster County consistent with the approved 2022 C2P2 Recreation Development grant.
The improvements include resurfacing the basketball courts, resurfacing and striping the park’s nineteen (19) space parking lot, construction of restrooms and a picnic pavilion, installation of amenities (benches, trash receptacles, picnic tables, bike racks, etc.), and associated landscaping and stormwater management.
II. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Columbia Borough is located centrally between the metropolitan areas of Lancaster, York, and Harrisburg, along the Susquehanna River. The Borough has a population of just over 10,000 people at 10,207, per the 2020 Census. First established in 1726 as Shawanah Town, the Borough of Columbia was founded in 1788. Nearly one-third of the Borough is designated as the Columbia Historic District, which was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. Further, Columbia Borough received its Certified Local Government Designation in 2022. The Borough is approximately 2.4 square miles in area and is served by the Columbia Borough School District. As mentioned above the park development project has received construction funding from DCNR. The proposed improvements were identified in the 2019 Parks and Recreation Master Plan. Which can be provided upon request.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
- Site Field Survey
- Engineering, Design, and Cost Estimating for proposed improvements
- Bidding, Contract, and Construction Documents (this includes attaining DCNR approval of all final documents).
- Bid Administration and Contract Award
- Contract Management
- Construction Inspection Activities
The consultant shall submit the following products to the Borough in accordance with the approved Project Completion Schedule:
- DCNR Approval of Final Bid and Construction Documents
- One (1) complete Electronic (PDF) copy of all final documents and one (1) paper copy of the Final Design, Bid, and Construction Documents.
- One (1) Complete Electronic (PDF) and one (1) complete paper copy of the final as-built drawing.
- The consultant shall submit electronic copies of all materials, research, data, and GIS shapefiles.
V. PROPOSAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The proposal must include the following information:
- Cover Letter -A brief cover letter shall be provided that summarizes the key points of the applicant’s proposal and confirms an understanding of the scope of work described above in Section III Scope of Work. The letter shall provide the firm’s complete contact information, primary project contact person, and email address, and be signed by an authorized representative of the firm.
- Project Personnel and Qualifications-A narrative shall be provided by the applicant and prospective subcontractors for the proposed project, including the types of services for which the applicant and prospective subcontractor are qualified. The narrative shall include the names of principals and key personnel from the applicant firm and prospective subcontractors that will be assigned to the project, along with their experience, their titles with their respective firms, and their qualifications.
- Project List/ References-Provide at least three (3) similar projects completed by the applicant that demonstrate similar competencies that are required by this project. Include the name, address, and phone number of individuals who can be contacted for references.
The proposal shall identify all members of the consultant’s team, their roles, and the primary point of contact for the project.
The Borough reserves the right to interview any or all of the applicants submitting a proposal. Although interviews may take place, the proposal should be comprehensive and complete on its face. The
Borough reserves the right to request clarifying information subsequent to the submission of the proposal.
VII. SELECTION CRITERIA
The Borough will evaluate the proposals, and will select a consultant based on the following criteria, amongst others:
- Understanding the Scope of Services and the objectives of the project;
- The relevant qualifications and recent experience of the consultant(s) in preparing implementable municipal comprehensive plans and meeting objectives outlined herein;
- Qualifications and experience of the consultant and assigned personnel;
- Proposals will be competitively judged on the quality and value of the proposed work approach, products, etc., and proposed budget;
- Ability to carry out and manage the project, and to meet the expected project timeline/completion schedule.
XI. CONSULTANT SELECTION SCHEDULE
The Borough will follow the schedule below for consultant selection:
- RFP Responses Due – Friday December 1, 2023
- Final Consultant Selection – January 2024
- End of RFP