Columbia Borough is governed by the Borough Council which consists of seven members, elected for four-year terms. Council is responsible for setting policy in every aspect of the Borough, including budget, public works, zoning, and ordinances. Council directs the activities of the borough through the appointed Borough Manager. In turn, the Borough Manager supervises all the departments except the Police Department. On the first meeting of January in each even numbered year, the Borough Council conducts a reorganization meeting where they elect a President and Vice President of Council. Borough Council Work Sessions are the first Tuesday of each month and Regular Borough Council Meetings are the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
- Heather Zink, Council President- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Lintner, Council Vice President- email@example.com
- Todd Burgard - Council President Pro Tempore - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fran Fitzgerald - email@example.com
- Eric Kauffman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howard Stevens - email@example.com
The mayor is elected to a four year term and is responsible for overseeing the police department, as well as performing ceremonial duties. The mayor casts votes at Borough Council meetings only in the instance of a tie.
- Mayor Leo Lutz - firstname.lastname@example.org