Columbia Borough operates under a Council-Manager form of government. Under this form, the residents elect the Borough Council members and Mayor . Borough Council consists of seven members, elected for four-year terms. Council is responsible for setting policy in every aspect of the Borough, including budget, public works, zoning, and ordinances. Council directs the activities of the borough through the appointed Borough Manager. In turn, the Borough Manager supervises all the departments except the Police Department. On the first meeting of January in each even numbered year, the Borough Council conducts a reorganization meeting where they elect a President and Vice President of Council. Borough Council Work Sessions are the first Tuesday of each month and Regular Borough Council Meetings are the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
MEMBERS OF COUNCIL (Left to Right)
- Peter Stahl - email@example.com Term Expires 12/31/2025
- Public Works and Property
- Joanne Price - firstname.lastname@example.org Term expires 12/31/2023
- Sharon Lintner - email@example.com Term Expires 12/31/2023
- Heather Zink, President - firstname.lastname@example.org Term Expires 12/31/2023
- Eric Kauffman, Vice President - email@example.com Term Expires 12/31/2023
- Community Development
- Barbara Fisher - firstname.lastname@example.org Term Expires 12/31/2025
- Parks and Recreation
- Todd Burgard, President Pro Tem - email@example.com Term Expires 12/31/2025
Mayor Leo Lutz - firstname.lastname@example.org Term Expires 12/31/2025
The mayor is elected to a four year term and is responsible to act as Council's ceremonial representative at public events and functions, for overseeing the police department, and performing ceremonial duties such as weddings. The mayor casts votes at Borough Council meetings only in the instance of a tie.